We want you to be delighted with the performance of Sputnik products. If, however, you are not absolutely satisfied with Sputnik hardware, you can return it for refund within 30 days of purchase. Please note: a 15% restocking fee applies to hardware returned for refund.
SputnikNet Account setup fees and partially used SputnikNet subscriptions are not subject to refund in part or whole.
Additionally, subject to product warranty, you may return defective equipment for replacement.
Sputnik Return Policies
- Returns will only be accepted that contain a valid Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, which you can obtain by initiating an RMA request (see below).
- Return equipment in its original packaging.
- Ship the equipment to Sputnik via your preferred shipping method. We recommend that you use a shipping service that provides tracking information and delivery confirmation.
- Sputnik is not responsible for lost returns without a tracking number.
- Sputnik does not reimburse shipping charges for product returns.
- Sputnik will not accept for return any product that was used outdoors.
- Radio amplification desensitizes radio chips. Therefore Sputnik will not accept for return any product used with a third-party radio amplifier.
Hardware Returned for Replacement
- Sputnik will exchange defective Sputnik products with replacement units for free. Defective refers only to identified, physical problems with original hardware materials or construction that prevent the product from operating normally.
- Returns for replacement are subject to the Sputnik product warranty.
- Sputnik ships replacement equipment via Federal Express Ground or similar service. If you need us to upgrade your shipping method, indicate this in the RMA. We will charge your credit card for the shipping service you choose.
- For expedited RMAs—replacement units that ship to you before we receive the original equipment—we require that you initiate an RMA request, then order replacement units on our online store. We will refund your equipment purchase when we receive the original equipment.
Hardware Returned for Refund
- Refunds apply only to items returned to Sputnik within thirty (30) days of original purchase.
- A 15% restocking fee applies to all returned hardware.
- Hardware must be returned in its original, undamaged condition. If the hardware has been damaged by you, Sputnik may assess a higher restocking fee.
- In order for us to process the refund, we may need to ask you for a valid credit card. (We do not keep credit card numbers on file.)
Initiating a Product Return
To obtain an RMA number and start the product return process, initiate an RMA request. You may need to choose “Return Merchandise Authorization Request” from the drop-down menu.
You will receive email confirmation of your return request along with an RMA number and shipping instructions.